Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cote d'Azur



We started out second day in Nice by visiting the Henri Matisse museum. I did not have his most famous works but it did have specific works from the time when he lived in the South of France. I really enjoyed his bronze sculptures.



I was kind of obsessing over the lilacs and peonies. Aren’t they beautiful!

The Fruit and Flower market (Marché aux fleurs) that has been in old town Nice forever. Random Fact - "The area of today’s Nice is believed to be among the oldest human settlements in the world"

Michael and I on the beach getting ready to eat one of our market lunches.

Statues from a local cemetery.

My amazing petit lemon tart - View of Nice

The boat dock- there was also huge yachts that were owned by extremely wealthy people.

We had an amazing dinner at this little restaurant. All homemade and delicious!
Those are the glowing yoga people in one of the main squares in Nice.

No comments: